The Accordionist Entertains Archive

Sunday 28 September 2014

The Accordionist entertains @ Church of the Epiphany, Woodstock.


I was invited by Stephen Hendry to share a testimony about my introduction to the christian faith within the Anglican Church, and to play the accordion within the Church of the Epiphany communion service.

The following comments were made after the service:

Thank you for 'Danny Boy'. My parents (now deceased) called it their song.
 I loved it! Not only his testimonial, but his music was very moving. I do hope he will return to us. – Barbara G
 
Thank you for 'Danny Boy'. Our son, Danny, was a very sick baby and everyone who came to see him held him and sang 'Danny Boy'. He is alive and well, but 'Danny Boy' still is so special to us.

I have never heard the accordion played with such feeling! – Bill T

Thank you; it was nice to have a change in music style – Dean

Thank you for sharing your music and your story – Elaine

The rendition of 'Danny Boy' was the most beautiful one I have ever heard. I believe it to be my favourite piece of music. The playing sent shivers up my spine – Betty B

Some people play an accordion but you 'played' it.

You played like you loved it.

Ian's music was a welcome addition to our service and a lovely accompaniment to our usual organ, piano and guitar experiences. He's adept at creating a moving experience with this musical instrument – Marilyn J


Thank you Ian for sharing your testimonial and your musical talent – Darlene H

No comments:

Followers